Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Better Than Betty || Hit 'Em With The Flex

I, Karla With a K, am what you may call a Flexitarian. While the word sounds like something I just made up off of the fly, sadly I must admit that I'm not that witty. I've been dabbling in the world of vegetarianism for about two years now. I went 6-8 months straight vegetarian. But...then I had a craving for ribs and fried chicken and that went out the window. Before that I did a semi-vegetarian state where I ate vegetarian during the week and had meat (if I chose) on the weekends.

That's where I am now. It works for me and I've already slimmed out and feel less bloated after two weeks of going back at it. That could also be contributed to me being sick and not really eating for a week, but I digress. So you're probably asking yourself "Man, I wonder what she eats if she's not eating meat and what not."

Well... a lot of things. As you may or may not know, I tend to go through food phases where I get hoooked on one thing and go all in until I can't stand the sight, taste, or smell of it for a while. Right now my current obsession is sprouts. The brussel variety. Yup. I, Karla With a K, have an obsession with brussel sprouts. In fact, my dinner last night consisted entirely of roasted brussel sprouts. As well as my dinner last Thursday, Wednesday, and Tuesday.

But when I'm not eating brussel sprouts I eat pretty much everything else. Just not meat. Here's a breakdown of what I normally eat during the week.

Breakfast:
  • Yogurt and Granola (my previous obsession. I ended up taking a break for about a month from it because I was getting sick of it but now it's back in the roatation.)
  • Eggs/ Omlet with spinach and mushrooms (no, I do not count eggs as a meat. I follow the ovo-lacto vegetarian "guidelines" hence the dairy and eggs. Don't hate.)
  • Granola Bar
Lunch/ Dinner:
  • Soup: Black Bean, Tomato, Country Vegetable, Miso, Cabbage. I don't discriminate with soups. I love them all.
  • Salad with black beans, kidney beans, corn, onions, tomatos, raspberry vinegar and olive oil
  • Pizza/Pasta
  • Sushi (noms)
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Chips and Salsa
  • Or whatever is around the house
Nothing special honestly. And nothing super fantastic, besides the brussel sprouts. Honestly, please go get some brussel sprouts and try them. Simply toss in olive oil, bake in a toaster oven at 375 for about 10 minutes until the top layer gets crispy, sprinkle with salt and pepper or whatever seasoning you're in the mood for, and enjoy. Seriously, if you don't like them, you're weird.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment