Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ms. Fix-It

Hi my name is Karla (with a K), and I'm a fixer.

Now that that is off my chest, I should probably explain myself. Fallacy. I won't explain myself but this lovely lady will. I found this post on one of my favorite natural hair blogs and I was intrigued by the title and hooked after the first paragraph. Just do yourself a favor and read the blog here. I'll wait. Promise.

Welcome back.
She had described me. And at the same time she pointed out my biggest flaw. I'm a fixer. A perpetual fixer. I tend to fix any and everything. Even things that don't necessarily need to be fixed. My best friend calls me Mamma Bear (before 9 pm - after that I turn into Call Me Maybe which is a whole 'nother story) because I tend to try to fix ev.er.y.thing. I'm guilty of trying to fix guys I've dated in the past. Even though they clearly weren't broken. A bunch of dumb asses? Yes. Just not the right fit for me. I've tried to fix friendships that didn't need to be saved. I tried to fix other people's relationships. I tried to fix my friends. I've tried to fix group projects. (Side note: Old hag chick in the group from my last post? Yea...still a little upset with her. But the class is over and the presentation went off without a hitch. More on that later because I caught the Professor yawning in the middle of a few presentations and... anyway more on that later.) I'm a fixer. And the sad truth is...I don't think I willingly let people into my life loving the way that they are now. Instead I let them in if I love the way that I think they could  be in the future.

Terrible. I know. But that's just how I am. And for once I can say for certain, this is something that needs to be fixed.

So I'm going to be a fixer, one last time. And fix myself.

Until Next Time...

1 comment: