Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hey There Curly Hair || Wash n Go and Shameless Selfie

For all you curly haired ladies (and gents) out there you know how hard it is to just get your curly hair to look good in it's natural state.

A little back story. My last relaxer (chemical straightener) was in January of 2008. I transitioned for about 28 months before I was completely natural in mid 2010. I usually do twist outs, braid outs, blow outs, or a puff. Never have I done a wash n go. Why? Because it should be called a wash, rake gel through each clump of curls, let the gel set, fluff and separate curls if need be and pray that you don't smoosh your curls as you get dressed. Then you can go.

Phew. I got tired just writing that. 

But since my hair was in twists for about a month I noticed my curls were poppin like THAT girl at the club. But in a good way. Plus I'm on a no buying spree until I use all of my hair products (post coming soon) and I had a small tub of eco styler gel that I hadn't touched in about 2 years. I figured it was now or never.

The picture below is my second day hair of my wash n go after sleeping on it and making it through a Saturday morning spin class. I used a mixture of eco styler and homemade flax seed gel (50/50).

My thoughts? In.love. Let's just hope it lasts for about 5 days before I have to redo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment